I've been meaning to make some of these for a while, ever since finding this tutorial and this one at MADE. They are simple shorts (I used my own pattern that I know fits well) with the sides rounded off and bound with contrasting trim. Instead of bias binding, I used some striped polyester fabric with a one-way stretch. I cut 5cm strips and just folded it like bias binding as I sewed it on. I was a bit worried about ironing it first in case it melted, so I just eyeballed it. There are imperfections up close but the stripes kind of help to make these invisible - Yay! The main shorts fabric is a quick-drying polyester type something or other that I found in my stash left over from a trench coat I made a couple of years ago.
Mr 8 was very pleased :)
And the quick-dry fabric came in very handy!