I had a nice piece of grey-blue stretch fabric that I'd bought for $1 from the op shop. I really fancied making a nice t-shirt with it - a StyleArc 'Milly' one to be exact - but I wasn't sure I had enough fabric particularly for all those pin tucks. I laid out my fabric and played around with the pattern until I got the front and back to fit! I only had a scrap of fabric left over which I managed to piece together to make the sleeves. The top and the sleeves are shorter than in the pattern, but a great length for a little t-shirt.
You can just see the seam where I pieced together some fabric for the sleeve (above).
I was struggling against the wind in these photos, but I guess it shows how swingy this top actually is! I like the pintucks in the front that fall in soft folds beneath. So flattering and easy to wear. Not bad for $1 :)
I have made this pattern before as a dress, top and tunic. There is more info on how I made it in those blog posts, which may be useful if you are considering making this pattern.