As I mentioned in my last post, I received the Japanese pattern books 'Drape Drape 1' and 'Drape Drape 3' for Christmas. I now have the set of three - yippee! The first two are in English and the third is in Japanese. I have decided to make a few things from the English books first so I can become familiar with the way they do things, before tackling something from the Japanese book.
Last year I made dress No. 2 from 'Drape Drape 2' and this year I've made top No. 1 from 'Drape Drape 1' - and it's only 4 days into this year, good going so far, although this one was rather simple!
Once the pattern was traced, this top went together very quickly. I used a lightweight knit fabric from the bargain table at Textile Traders. It drapes beautifully, so was perfect for this top.
The edge of the draped neckline, which falls to the inside of the top, is finished with a simple, rolled hem, the folded to the inside and caught in the armhole binding at the shoulder to hold it in place. The picture below shows this from the inside of the top.
I am really pleased with this top. It was quick and simple to make and is very easy to wear. The only thing I will change is to add some little tabs to sit under my bra strap and hold the shoulders in place. I did have one or two wardrobe malfunctions out in the wind the first time I wore this top! Luckily I had a crop top underneath.