Such was the case with these pants. I found this piece of fabric, approximately 1 metre, for $2 at Textile Traders. I had just made some grey floral pants (below and here) using Burdastyle 04/2013 #114b and still had the pattern out. I decided to make another pair with this thin, woven, snakeskin-like print fabric for the warmer weather. I'm wearing them above with my Twinkle Sews 'On the sidelines' top and below with my Christine Jonson 'Princess wrap' top.
But I was feeling like making something quick and simple so I cheated a bit with this second pair. I just left the darts unsewn and added some knit fabric for the waistband - done in no time.
They are so comfortable and I've had several compliments on them. This was very shortcut sewing, but with a surprisingly useful outcome.
I never really reviewed the pattern properly when I made the grey floral pair of pants from stretch, woven fabric. I was actually not all that thrilled with the fit. They were a bit baggy in the wrong places. Also, the design has a side zip and no waistband, a combination that feels less than sturdy when I bend over. Actually, in a burst of morbid curiosity, I find myself deliberately bending in a certain way so that the zip starts coming undone. This does not make for a comfortable or dignified outcome and I must rectify the situation with a waistband and other adjustments at some point. One day. If I get a chance between making more new and shiny things!
Here's the pattern photo from Burdastyle.