I have made the Named Wyome Boyfriend Jeans before, but I changed the pattern a bit this time to get more of a loose, boyfriend fit. These jeans look much looser on the Named model than in real life if you follow the size chart and I have seen others make a larger size, for example Novita who made a gorgeous pair one size larger than her usual size.
Rather than print and tape together a second PDF in a larger size, I decided to cheat a bit and just cut it out a bit bigger than the size 40 pattern that I had used last time. I kept the crotch curve the same (which I had previously altered to be more like the Named Jamie jeans curve) and just cut about a centimetre bigger around each pattern piece. I kept the front pockets the same as my original pattern and used the Jamie jeans back pockets and pocket placement. The pocket stitching design is from the Wyome pattern. I tried these on as I went and took in the side seams a bit to achieve the fit I liked.
I used a heavy cotton drill fabric (no stretch) that I had bought for $2 in the Potter's Textiles remnant bin. There wasn't quite enough to get all the pieces on there, so I used a bit of leather from Remida for the back yoke and front upper pockets. I love adding a bit of leather here and there on jeans and I merrily throw it in the washing machine and hang it in the sun with no ill effects.
The first time I wore these my son pointed out the shredded patches in horror. "Oh yeah, I know" says totally cool Mum (me), "I did that on purpose". He stared at me in disbelief for a long time, trying to come to terms with why I would damage a new, handmade pair of jeans. "You shouldn't have done that" he said. Now I wouldn't admit it to him, but I think he was right. Oh well, it was rather fun doing it!
So there we are. Distressed boyfriend jeans with leather accents. They could be looser and more boyfriendy, but I'm pretty happy!
T-shirt from Uniqlo, Singapore. Sandals from Beverly Hills Polo Club, Singapore.