The Xerea dress is such a comfortable and easy style to wear that I decided to make a third one with the hand-stamped cotton fabric I bought in Singapore. Actually, I've just realised that I was wearing my summer Xerea dress when I bought this fabric (winter one is here). The only problem with the fabric is that the colour tends to run in the washing machine (I have hidden husband's blotchy white and orange shirt at the back of the wardrobe).
I love that this pattern has so many possibilities for colour blocking and piping detail. For this dress I used the main fabric for all the pattern pieces, but defined the yoke and pockets with black bias binding, folded lengthwise and applied like piping.
As the pattern on this fabric is hand stamped, it is not in straight lines. I matched the pattern as best I could on the yoke, but gave up trying for the pockets. I wasn't sure how the wonky pattern lines would look on the finished dress, but I rather like the result. I cut the dress so the small border print was at the hemline.
Previously I have made this dress with short sleeves and long sleeves. This one is sleeveless and is lovely and cool with the V-back and cotton fabric.
We are dog-sitting Bubbles again and he and Truffle decided my photo backdrop was a perfect place to play!
The Xerea dress is a lovely pattern and I'm sure this won't be the last one I make.